- *1/3 of Zambia’s children are orphaned (that’s 1.5 million kids)
- *Nearly 50 percent of Zambia’s population is under the age of 18
- *Only 1 in 5 Zambian children receive a quality basic education
- *There are some 75,000 homeless children living on the streets in the capital city of Lusaka
YOUR GIFT CAN CHANGE A CHILD’S LIFE
- Your donation can help a kid get off the streets and back into school
- $832: that’s what it costs per year to attend secondary school in Zambia (Many of us spend more than that each year on Starbucks)
Any and every amount counts—a gift of $1, $5, $10, $20, $50 will go straight to tuition
THIS IS CHIPS
Just a year ago, 16-year-old Twambo “Chips” Matembo was living on the streets of Lusaka. Thanks to sponsors, he is now a student at Chunga Boarding School, located four hours outside of the capital. We first met Chips (friends gave him that nickname after the fried potatoes he used to sell at a dilapidated booth) in July of 2007. He is a sweet, kind and thoughtful young man. We were struck by his wisdom and got the feeling that someday he would transform his country. We hope to raise tuition for his second year at Chunga Boarding School. Will you help us?
ABOUT KNOWLEDGE EMPOWERS
- This is a grass-roots effort that started as an idea in my living room
- All proceeds go to the child’s tuition
- Knowledge Empowers is in partnership with the Chisomo Drop-in Centre, a shelter, education center, outreach and support network for street children living in Lusaka, Zambia
- For more information, please contact Jennifer Cho Salaff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CLICK BELOW TO MAKE YOUR DONATION